View Single Post
Old 2010-04-20, 23:15   Link #444
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
It's the ability of animation/live action to visually show it to you (enhanced as well) instead of you having to picture in your mind. While reading you, and I did the same as well, likely said "oh Kyon's getting stabbed by Asakura, where did that come from?" instead of thinking "Wow! He just got stabbed!" Visually it is an impressive scene and likely one that they focused on to get correctly adapted.
Yup, have to agree there. I believe watching/reading it for the first time, everyone's reaction was "WTF?! Where the hell did that come from?"
Have to say... that girl is SCAAAAARY.

Quote:
Quote:
But yeah...
Spoiler:
The beauty of that explanation is that any plot holes that could come up are solved simply by that person.

There's one big question if we continue down that line of thinking:
Spoiler:
I would assume:
Spoiler:

Quote:
They left out my favorite Koizumi/Kyon dialogue!
"So am I just paying for Suzumiya-san only?"

If you're paying for me as well, I'll tell you even more.

"Then, I'm all ears,"
Haha, that reminds me. They also left out the part where:
Spoiler:

Dammit, I actually found this comment really funny as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Besides, Intrigues is considerably less... cinematic, shall we say?
Thats true. Besides the car chase, I don't think there is much to add in the cinematics/effects sense. But then this is KyoAni, they're pretty good at bringing out surprises when you don't expect it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Spoiler for Near-End Scene Spoiler:
I don't recall that extra detail in the novel either, but man... that extra smack had me cringing, I felt a shiver go down my back in fact.

禁則事項です

Last edited by Mecha_Trueno; 2010-04-20 at 23:41.