View Single Post
Old 2010-04-24, 15:54   Link #22
Emess
Slower Than You

Send a message via AIM to Emess Send a message via MSN to Emess Send a message via Yahoo to Emess
@DmonHiro: You do know that I'm in SS right? We definitely don't have speed, just like Eclipse is an average speedsub group that is incredibly overrated. I don't mean to insult Mentar and the rest of them but they can hardly be classified as a high-quality group, just higher than most. I've yet to see any really decent groups have anything resembling speed.

@TGEN: if only you didn't tell me in IRC you were gonna troll :3

@sangofe: I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I know you and FD put a lot of effort into Saizen's fastest ep ever.

The thing is, consolidating resources doesn't help when the people contributing don't necessarily have the skills to do so. All this is doing is making every group into crunchyroll with a better encode, and one or two insanely slow quality groups (hi asunder) that are going to stick it out and release their own work eventually. That's not really benefiting anyone, just making crapsubs more prolific. Fansubbing doesn't need this to survive, it needs to be more efficient with which shows are done by who. There is absolutely no reason for a few relatively good shows to go without any good subs yet other shows get 15-20 crapsubs and if they're lucky, a single decent release.

E~
Emess is offline   Reply With Quote