View Single Post
Old 2010-04-29, 10:55   Link #40
Netevolution

Quote:
Looking at the picture... Don't tell me that there's only going to be 1 chosen children in this season

When comparing to previous Digimon posters this season seems a bit "nostalgic" It's obvious that the "google boy" is the third incarnation of Taichi. Even hes name says that! Daisuke was an "updated version"(more attractive looking and better drawn) He looked at lot more mature then Taichi at the same age(physicly speaking ofcourse) This is an updated Daisuke with more "Taichi" in him(the hair)

This whole season just screams NOTALGIA! There is only 1 "chosen child" on the poster, because thats who the fans want to see! Digimon always was a "wicked" anime and played around with "poster boys" from the start You can call it a Toei Animation speciality

This "hot" poster boy is really a cheap sales gimmic in my personal opinion. They know that fans like me literally have the HOTS for Daisuke, so they created a cheap clone Well, he is more like a Daisuke+Taichi mixup.

Anyway it's cheap! To compensate for the lack of new gaming ideas Bandai orders Toei Animation to draw some sugar couted anime with "wonder boys" We already had a season like that, and it was called Digimon Adventure 02 This apears to be some kind of an incarnation. I mean, there "Omegamon 2" at the back, now what does that tell you?

Cheap! 02 almost killed Digimon, and now they want to bring it back! The anime with an overhyped budget that really wasn't going anywhere+ a toy that was worse than the original!

Let me see! The hero will have a blond counterpart, because the Japanese just LOVE pinning white vs Asian. Hes name will probobly begin with a T similar to that ot Taiki. He will have a wolf or dog shaped Digimon. And then some awsome chick, that likes neither of the guys and is a "closet lesbian" She will have red hair...

Quite frankly the boy does look quite attractive, but he will probobly be overhyped. I know, since Bandai is quite familiar with the fandom. They know what sells in the animeworld, because for years they have been lurking on forums like these, no joke here! The whole season screams the year 2000-2001, when the fandom made drawings of wifibased digivices and Daisuke+Taichi lookalikes+pairings. There bringing the "dot.com" bubble boys back

Seriosly;a show should sell with the TOY! The anime is just an advertisement! It worked well in Tamers. It's CHEAP to try to sell something with kawajii boys and girls! I mean, when you know you got nothing else left, you go for kawajii! This season will probobly have also screwed up pairings just like in 02

P.S;And for those of you that have forgotte what the original looks like...

Gee! You just had to draw him on the beach to seduce us fans even more, now didn't you?

Last edited by Netevolution; 2010-04-29 at 20:35.
Netevolution is offline   Reply With Quote