View Single Post
Old 2010-05-17, 19:37   Link #10075
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
Gee... I wonder what certain other popular romance novel you could be addressing?
Oh wait, is it synonymous to utter crap? Then it must be none other than Twilight!
Hahaha oh wow you guessed it right! I was laughing my ass off when I made that connection. The metaphor probably fits a little better in Umineko though.

Quote:
The Bible metaphor actually fits if you think about it; after Eve takes a bite from the Forbidden Fruit, she becomes corrupted and at point she truly becomes human. From knowledge comes self-awareness, and from self-awareness comes independent decision-making.
I really hope that is NOT what he meant to say by adding that in there. Because it would have the same problem as Twilight has. What's implied in twilight is that if you eat the forbidden fruit you'll enter into paradise. When what it's trying to say in the bible is the reverse. You were already in paradise and you had all the choices in the world except for that one thing. By doing that thing you get kicked out of paradise.

Well in twilight's case it's more ridiculous because the forbidden fruit is a glampire...

Quote:
It's ironic, but in essence Shannon has to sacrifice her humanity to become human.
That's one way to look at it.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote