Thread: Licensed Rosario+Vampire Manga
View Single Post
Old 2010-05-20, 08:27   Link #14088
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well, that might be a possibility but unless we learn more about his current condition, since if you don't remember Yoko Takeo in his last appearance Hokuto is pinned to a wheelchair ( Rosario + Vampire Season II, Chapter 28 page 3) and it could be caused by him using his youkai abilities too much. So it might mean that Hokuto couldn't control his power's effectively as well or he has used a higher amount of power then he was allowed to, since some kind of side-effects have apparently appeared which caused him to use a wheelchair to move around.
I do remember that actually, and I was a bit confused because it didn't happen until long after the fight. Right after the fight, Hokuto was standing upright on his own without a problem. That's why I was wondering why Hokuto was in a wheelchair. Perhaps he hasn't fed on Kiria's blood for too long? Or perhaps his body broke the way Tsukune's would if he takes any more blood from Moka? After all, for Hokuto to experience a full body transformation like he did in the fight, that means the amount of blood he took from Kiria was the limit his body could take, and Kiria then gave him more after the fight. After a while, his body literally broke. That could be a possibility, and it would mean Tsukune doesn't have to worry as long as Moka doesn't give him more blood.

Quote:
That's true, but we won't know for sure how strong Kiria is until we finally see him fighting seriously with someone and I doubt he will appear in the current arc, so we might have to wait a little longer, before we learn what Kiria's true potential is.
I agree, but so far, I've gotten the impression that Kiria is hiding quite a lot about his strength and his character. His origins are especially mysterious. His vampire-like fangs and his eyes are the only things we can go on for now.

Quote:
I agree with you Yoko Takeo and it could be possible that Tsukune's seal works in that way. It could also be the reason why Tsukune's training has started so late. Maybe the headmaster wanted to weaken Tsukune's seal at first, before making Tsukune learn how to control his youkai energy, because at first the seal was so strong that training Tsukune wouldn't be as effective as it currently is.
Yes, because at first, the seal locked away all of Tsukune's energy, so there was no way for him to train properly. It wasn't until after the second time Tsukune nearly transformed that he could train. He was able to turn back more easily probably because the seal was still on him, so it wasn't letting all his energy out, so much that he lost control completely.

Quote:
Though, judging from how the situation in the recent chapter's is shaping up I doubt Tsukune will be able to keep that pattern for long, since with the vampires joining the fray I doubt Tsukune is going to stand a chance against a vampire, without using the full extent of his youkai abilities. Of course so far he still isn't ready for that yet, which suggests we might see some more developments regarding Tsukune's abilities.
Too true. Tsukune's going to have to shape up faster than expected if he wants to fight on even footing as a Vampire. But I also think he's well on the way as it is. I remember Moka saying that baby phoenix shouldn't have been a problem for Tsukune. If that's the case, I'm even willing to think that Tsukune could make it on his own. Especially since he was able to understand Moka's lessons on sensing Youki so quickly.

That and Moka secretly liked that Tsukune was on top that time (THE DREAM WAS REAL GUYS)

Quote:
Well, what I had meant in my last post is what Inner Moka has considered Tsukune's weakness - that Tsukune has no will and killing intent (Rosario + Vampire Season II, Chapter 18, page 5), simply speaking, unlike Inner Moka, Tsukune still doesn't possess the mentality of a warrior - that sometimes you have to be ready to take another life to protect what is important to you.

I doubt Tsukune currently possesses something like that, and merging with the vampire aspect of his being, could help Tsukune in obtaining the mentality of a warrior, which is something that he would need if he want's to win against a vampire. I mean judging from what we learned about vampires in chapter 30, they usually fight to the death and Tsukune must be able to do something like that as well, if he hopes that he will be able to beat a vampire in the future.
Also true. Tsukune may not be hesitant to fight, but he's not been raised as a killer the way other Vampires were. But at the same time, I don't think Moka would want him to become a killer like the others. Reason I say that is because she loves him for who he is. Changing him into someone who could kill might change his character entirely, which may turn him into someone different than the one Moka loves.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote