View Single Post
Old 2010-05-22, 00:48   Link #1797
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I still roll my eyes every time somebody mentions that "150 pages" that someone pulled out of their nethers earlier this month. No way we're getting 150 pages in the last chapter, if (as suggested by the director's blog) we're getting that last chapter in the last episode, when the current pace is around 1.5 40-page chapters (~60 pages) per episode. We might get something a little bigger than what we've seen lately (maybe that 80 pages we were "promised" but did not get last chapter), but as well as Arakawa has been able to tell the story so far, I have no problem expecting that she'll be able to finish it off fairly easily with the ~60 pages we've gotten with the last few, or even less.

For another thing, I think a lot of people are expecting to see things and hear answers that Arakawa's just not going to give us, and really shouldn't be expected to. The specifics to that "theological question" are one (How does it actually affect/explain the outcome beyond "This is the McGuffin Father wanted"?), but there are a fair number of other things. The author doesn't have to tell us everything, and there are probably a few things she assumes were fairly obviously explained, that some of us do not.