View Single Post
Old 2010-05-23, 02:15   Link #1800
Matt122005

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
For another thing, I think a lot of people are expecting to see things and hear answers that Arakawa's just not going to give us, and really shouldn't be expected to. The specifics to that "theological question" are one (How does it actually affect/explain the outcome beyond "This is the McGuffin Father wanted"?), but there are a fair number of other things. The author doesn't have to tell us everything, and there are probably a few things she assumes were fairly obviously explained, that some of us do not.
I didn't say she needed to reveal everything. lol

But we still don't have a solid idea of who "Truth" actually is.

And since we will probably see it once more, I am wondering if she will reveal something more regarding it.

Also, I think there's a high probability that Greed will save the day. In the Manga, Greed was first killed on a cross (later edited by Viz and subsequently altered in Brotherhood). But why a cross? I believe Arakawa (who says she knew the ending ever since she began) was giving a hint that Greed would be "redeemed". Afterall, in Christianity, the cross is a sign of redemption. And we all know how Arakawa has used many Christian/Jewish symbols throughout the story. It's a possibility that I think will come to pass in some way or another.
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote