Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-05-31, 12:01   Link #7505
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
Well yeah, pretty much like how the settlers in America came into a virgin land and made it into the great nation it is today, too bad for the "savages". Discounting the fact that this place was already the cradle of our common civilization, with many of the world's most ancient town and cities, which names and past are being extirpated and erased.
This is the only part worth responding to in my opinion. The Indians were always at war with each other. They would offer virgins as sacrifices throughout Central/South America. They were savages. They never even had a written language. Were some tribes taken advantage of in a horrible way by the Europeans? Yes they were. No one should be able to deny that. Was everything rosy and sweet here before the Europeans came? Not on your life.

I would also say, that even with America's messed up history, we still have done far more good in our brief 230+ year existence to the world, than any other nation in history. We're not perfect. No nation is perfect, and if they're even as young as ours, there is going to be bad parts in their/our past. We've even had a bloody civil war not too long ago over the direction of our own country.

If the Middle East TRULY wanted peace, they could have it. But they do not wish peace. The rulers in Iran, Syria and others incite violence so that they can remain in power. Women have very few rights in the ME. Often times they are stoned to death for just being seen in public with a man who is not their husband/father. They are monkeys, and history proves to me that they are. There is nothing civilized about them. Even if Israel did not exist, there would be no peace in that part of the world. And Palestine would not be even a fraction of it's neighbors.