View Single Post
Old 2010-06-06, 01:25   Link #10859
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
Even beyond that, the way he talked about it made it sound as if the message bottles didn't describe a murder mystery at all, but a purely occult incident. If the contents of the bottles really were the same as the gameboard events in EP1 and EP2, there would be tons of non-occult ways to attack them, but it doesn't seem like they're being approached in that manner.
Well, you have to take his position into account. This is an occult-loving guy we're talking about here, and he'd clearly enjoy a magic story instead of a standard murder. He already has the Rokkenjima library, which ties this to true historical finds, and the sensational murder case, which has catapulted his somewhat obscure hobby into the mainstream. Instead of trying to prove the magic wrong, his goal would be to link the magic and symbols mentioned to other bits of lore and legend. In in-universe terms, we'd say he has almost zero toxin. He wants the legend to be true, whether he actually believes in it or not.

@Renall:
Quote:
At the same time, are we going to believe that these things exist in a vacuum, yet the message bottle stories don't? I find that very improbable.
I agree that Ryuukishi wouldn't have shown that part without a reason. However, he left a clear loophole for getting around that, and even had Ange say it. Either Featherinne is a fake, or Hachijo is. We've talked about this before, so I won't go into detail, but if the reason we're shown the "internet stories" is because that's part of Featherinne's personal theory, then it's fair for Ryuukishi to show them in the game.

That being said, I think it's extremely likely that everything about Forgers and the like is true. It'd be almost impossible for that not to happen, Internet being what it is. And it's very possible, even likely, that Ange tried to contact one of them and failed. I just don't think that EP3-6 or anything remotely like them ever appeared as one of these internet stories, though some people might have figured out the truth and gotten close.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote