Thread: Nanoha - Q&A
View Single Post
Old 2010-06-26, 22:50   Link #2173
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananoha View Post
.... Isn't eating people's linker cores the only way to add to the catalogue? I don't think our dear rittle Hayate would ever....
Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
There is that "little" fact that Vivio have inherent ability along that lines that do NOT require linker cores. Just watching how spell is done. So what full master of Tome of the Night Sky can do is interesting question.

PS. Linker Core "eating" as main function of information gathering for non-corrupted BoD look stupid anyway. It's owner would be quickly hunted and killed if it were so, even in Old Belka time... or especially in Old Belka time.
Quote:
Sorry, I'm having a little trouble understanding what's going on here.

Yes, Hayate could learn how to use someone else's ability, but that's not using it as part of her Rare Skill?

Are we talking about Vivio being able to use Adult Mode? Or how because she has the blood of the Sankt Kaiser, she inherited the same abilities, most notably the Sankt Kaiser armour? Because they had some fun times back then, gene splicing and whatnot.
More like what al103 means is that there are other ways to learning a spell besides absorbing a linker core, and that there's more to her rare skill than what has been shown so far?

I won't rule that out IMO, since the Tome of the Night Sky was originally intended to archive spells instead of outright draining a linker core (which sounds like an extreme end of what it can do).

Another possibility is that given that the linker core is the "organ" which enables spells to happen in the universe, and connecting that fact with the ability to activate spells from other systems, the Tome can replicate another magic system's (Mid's) mode of mana linking artificially just like a heart-lung machine, which definitely requires an existing linker core to model off of, just that the Tome is supposed to return the core relatively intact after replicating said spell's linking conditions or something.
Quote:
聖王=体・・・聖王の鎧
覇王=技・・・格闘武術覇王流(カイザーアーツ)
冥王=心・・・不明
夜天王=知・・・闇の書

Sankt Kaiser = Body... Sankt Kaiser's Armour
Hegemon = Technique... Kaiser Arts
Meiou? = Heart... Unknown
Master of the Night Sky = Wisdom... The Book of Darkness

HEARTTTTTT. I thought it was cute.
Fitting... I must say. Giving artificially constructed being the power of "soul". Fic writers will have a ball with this.