View Single Post
Old 2010-06-27, 09:14   Link #395
asrielchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
Any fan of SOA here? I plan to start on 2 but after saw its illustrators on first pages I'd skip it It's only a flashback story...
Huge fan here!!! just saw a promo image of vol.5 today and it got me so excited that i started searching around looking for info and ended up here

I kind of paused in the middle of Vol.1 back then thinking it would just drag on and on like other RPG-esque lightnovels, but after I finished reading it I just couldn't stop. To be honest I went online and managed to find the web version of SAO series that the author has posted before they got published... and they were amazing. The author is certainly taking it very seriously when he chose to write about VR world/Real world relationship.

Dunno if you've finished it or not but I would recommend reading vol.2 first. I skipped it at first because the description of vol3 is much too tempting, but I went back and read it while waiting for the translation of vol4. It doesn't matter in terms of plot, but you'd enjoy the ending of the Fairy Dance arc a bit more if you read vol2 before hand.

Spoiler for
promo pic for vol.5: (not really spoilerish i think)
: