View Single Post
Old 2010-07-02, 09:06   Link #298
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I didn't actually figure it out last week. I figured it roughly three days before the episode came out. I just happened to look at the cover art for the novel and re-watched the tenth episode and just connected them together. Yuasa's not very fond of bad object placement in shows, so I just realized that it was going to be his way out.

I'll probably take a good hard look at my most favorite anime, but even after hours and the giddiness of finishing the series was gone, I can't help but think about the time I spent speculating about the anime, the fact that I cried during the final episode, the fact that everything about the anime was so consistently good, the depth of its characters, the intellectual stimulation I got, and the godlike ending of the series. I can't help but conclude it is my favorite series especially because of the amount of time I spent re-watching it. Because as much as I loved Honey and Clover it didn't stimulate my thought the way this series did, and that's probably what made it surpass that perennial favorite of mine.

I actually played truant for part of the day just to enjoy the episode properly, and wrote the article during lectures. Much respect must be given to a transcendent anime series that never failed to deliver.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote