View Single Post
Old 2010-07-14, 13:51   Link #45
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Personally, I would skip the military assault rifles. In a situation where ammo is limited, full-automatic weapons are more of a hindrance than a help. The single-fire AR-15 series (M4 civilian models) or AK-47 civilian variant. They are much easier to find.

Either that or an RPK. It's one of the few machine guns that I know of that can be (relatively) easy to carry around.
Single-shot of any kind is to prefer in this context (if one were to use firearms). Auto would result in more misses and waste of ammo. Hence pistols or semi-capable SMGs are to prefer in front of any assault rifle or machine gun if the choice is given. Lighter, roughly the same ammo capacity, smaller and still jsut as deadly.

Though, RPKs and its like would probably be preferred if you have a stationary defence and ammo to spare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
You'd be surprised at the accuracy of some shotguns. Some like the Benelli M4 Super 90, AA-12, and Saiga get pretty good accuracy. And shotguns aren't for accuracy. They are for overwhelming stopping power, which is more important.
I stand corrected on the shotguns.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote