View Single Post
Old 2010-07-15, 18:00   Link #13933
Metaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
I've been getting more and more convinced that my multi-layer world idea is correct, because it makes it so easy to understand what happened here. Erika's perspective wasn't a lie at all -- there really were 18 people in the parlor, on the layer in which she exists. Her layer obeys the Knox commandments so everything she sees is true with respect to that layer due to her detective authority.

On the underlying layer, there are only 17 people, one of whom was playing the role of the character "Erika". That character was created by somebody, probably Piece Battler on the phone with Jessica, for the game they were going to play. However, neither of those facts matter to Erika's perspective because they apply to a level of reality she doesn't exist on. What she sees is the truth of the game that the "more real" people are playing. Bern never realized what was going on because she thinks the board only consists of a real world and lies by the game master, and has no idea a middle layer of truth exists at all.
That's a nice theory. It explains why Erika is the 18th person when it was already stated in red that there are no more than 17 people. But now I wonder if more than one person plays the role of Erika. I mean, is it possible that people change roles from one scene to the next?
Metaler is offline   Reply With Quote