Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-07-22, 09:06   Link #8334
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
I don't mean to sound facetious, but defamation... in the United States? How do such laws work, if at all, in the context of the First Amendment...?

And, for a country that prides itself on free expression, I take note, again, how the need for political correctness can sometimes go towards unhealthy extremes. Racism and racial biases do exist, but the merest chatter about such feelings, however reasonably carried out, appear to lead to instant career suicide (in the armed forces or the civil service) or social ostracism.
If we're going to be honest to our constitution, there really shouldn't be any laws pertaining to 'race' in the first place, but of course the constitution has been taking a back seat to political interests for years now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPurePureBoy View Post
http://www.gallup.com/poll/141512/Co...titutions.aspx

Wow. Those are some low numbers for congress. If I read this correctly, this is an all time low. Well done Pelosi, you and your buds just pretty much handed over the house to the GOP. Wonder if we will get any Libertarians or other fringe party candidates in the house. Now would be the time to try for it.
I'm hoping, as a libertarian, this could serve as an opportunity to end the liberal/neocon strangehold over Washington. Those two groups are just determined to get us nowhere, fast.

Last edited by ChainLegacy; 2010-07-22 at 09:16.