View Single Post
Old 2010-07-25, 12:45   Link #145
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Its hard to explain, since its gray material. Lets just say I feel this is closer to a limit on the imagination (given how specific it is) then a "challenge." To give a extreme example: a girl with her arm stretched out, on a road in France, riding a bicycle downhill with a boy -- with blooming sakura trees on the side. You are now forced in a situation where you have to use that (render that fits or something; like in our case strikewitches, sky girls) or cheat somehow (find a way to bypass the rules). Where as normally you would also have the option to just have fun with it.

I don't think AX is picky, I think the theme is picky. How many entries were questionable? And to be precise, he says:
...so good entries like Namiey would still be disqualified if we were to be anal about it.
As "unfair" it may sound, it's a contest, and a contest has rules, we can't asept a dog in a contest of lambs, it's illogical to asept "float" in a contest of "flying", because that would be unfair for the ones who worked hard and dedicated in make a sig fitting the theme. All this is part of a challengue, if peo'ple find it unfair, then perhaps they'r enot ready for participating in a contest like this.