View Single Post
Old 2010-07-28, 22:29   Link #5
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Slice of Life
  • Azumanga Daioh - High school girls day-to-day, ridiculous humor, pure awesomeness
  • I second Aria - mainly girls again who are gondoliers ("Undine") in a city titled Neo-Venezia on the planet Aqua. There are three wonderful seasons: Aria the Animation, Aria the Natural, and Aria the Origination.
  • I also second Minami-ke--About a family of 3 sisters and their home/school lives. There are also 3 seasons, with slightly different graphics for each one. Most people agree on the 1st and 3rd seasons being the better, with the 1st as the definite best.
  • Ichigo Mashimaro--The home/school life of 4 elementary girls
  • Hidamari Sketch--About girls who go to high school Art School. 3 wonderful seasons ^_^ Great things come in 3s!
  • Another one previously mentioned I agree with is Sora no Woto--Art style like K-On!, military girls, a somewhat beautiful/Europe setting post-apolyptic world. Also focuses somewhat on music, though the connection is fairly loose.

Fantasy
  • Mushishi--Episodic series following Ginko, a Mushishi. He studies the phenomenon of Mushi, a lifeform beneath insects, even more difficult to see than microscopic organisms. They seem to balance between the real world and the spiritual. If you like Aria, you'll most definitely like mushishi, which has a real dreamy/myterious sort-of feel to it.
  • Kamichu!--blend of Fantasy and Slice of Life as previously stated. Yurie, the teenage goddess (really middle-school) goes through this episodic series trying to figure out exactly what kind of god/middle schooler she's supposed to be. Very cute show.
  • Natsume Yuujinchou--2 seasons of this greatness. Also a bit of mix w/ slice of life. Natsume can see the spirit world. The episodic series traces his different encounters with spirits based largely on a book containing the names and powers of many spirits defeated by his grandmother.

Honestly...there are too many to name!

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb