View Single Post
Old 2010-07-29, 13:47   Link #7049
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
The way I see it, if Hayate no Gotoku is to end with a clear match, the winning girl would require to be accepted and officially sanctioned by at least the vast majority of the competitors. Therefore, if Hina were to win, it couldn't be her confessing to Hayate, it would have to be Hayate confessing to her. You see how far away from an ending I am? ^_^;
Except for Athena, all of the other girls act as a team, thus any confession/choice would probably happen in a group setting, as a choice from all parties.
Maybe that's why Ayumu hasn't felt truly rejected, it's only been Hayate's refusal of her feelings, while the other girls seem to respect her for the courage.

Even in the the fan-imagining I plan on writing, it's only because the confessing/choosing is done as a group that Hayate finally learns from the brick-to-the-head.

I can see the group confession happening rather soon, several of the girls have realized their feelings and are able to talk about it to each other. How long it takes before Hayate responds depends on that. (Personally, I have Nagi demanding he make a decision before the end of the trip). Each of the girls will likely be willing to accept his choice, they know by now that by not accepting it, they'll only hurt Hayate, as well as lose ground on getting accepted themselves.

And in Hayate's eyes, he'll probably ask for Nagi's acceptance directly because she's the one he's promised to protect.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote