Thread: Licensed Highschool of the Dead
View Single Post
Old 2010-08-03, 17:08   Link #2233
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post

Im not sure if it was the subbers taking liberties but Hirano speech to Shidou felt wrong compared to the manga. The way they made him sound in the episode just made it seem that was a violent person that suppressed. They didn't touch on the points on why he hated Shit-do and the ones on the bus. They just made it seem like it was ok for him to kill now, which was not the case. He was obviously bullied and by the very people on the bus and Shitdo let it happen. I wish they would have kept the original dialogue it added so much more to Hirano's character and gave more of glimpse into his psyche. I believe they also changed what he said after he fired the nail. From what i remember it was the reverse of what was stated in the anime. Regardless great scene to watch that coward squirm.
That's exactly what I am thinking. Do the manga give more reason on Hirano's hatred to Shido? From the anime Hirano is just like some highschool shootout massacre kid (someone mentioned that a couple pages earlier) which I cannot find reason to root for. Is Shido's only fault just ignoring the bullying? then Shido is just like most of the teachers and not particularly ultra evil. Besides, I don't get the impression that even the main casts help out Hirano when he is bullied.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote