View Single Post
Old 2010-08-23, 08:51   Link #4147
Chimuts
Call me Anego!~

Location: In a room as blue as the sky, as cool as the autumn wind and as quiet as the desert
Send a message via MSN to Chimuts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Then on middle of the screen, there is some white dot, which would appear to be dust particle. Can't be dead pixel as it wouldn't be visible when the console isn't on. It doesn't come off with anything... how on earth did it get there ? is it stuck between the touchscreen film and the screen itself ? If it is, then it was there when I received my DS ... It's really annoying me as it's kinda like dead/stuck pixel ..
There are 4 things that I can think of about that white dot. Since it is not a dead pixel, it may be:
1. Dust trapped between protective layer and touchscreen (if you use one for your DS)
2. A Scratch on the touchscreen.
3. A scratch on the protective layer
4. Dust trapped inside the DS. In this case, it usually happens in old DS/PSP (my PSP has it :x )

and the ways to solve them:
1. Just remove the protective layer and replace it with a new one, be sure to clean off the dust before you apply the layer.
2. I don't know how to fix this >.<
3. Replace the protective layer
4. This one can't be fixed, I guess the only way to fix it is to open up your DS and remove the dust.