View Single Post
Old 2010-09-24, 12:28   Link #2557
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quoting myself from IRC:

At least it is NOT KyoAni, they would just cash in the moe. It is NOT Sunrise, they would just focus on Hisou Tensoku. It is NOT Shaft, they would just lolshaftlol it. It is NOT JC Staff, they will likely make it as awful as ZnT if they cast Kugyuu as Reimu.

I am still kind of worried tho. My main worry being whatever the staff at least knows what they are touching, if they played some touhou games, if they have the slightest idea of how characters are. Canon-wise. Yeah, what would make me sad, other than focusing too much on one aspect of the franchise, is if the memes makes it into the anime and taint it. Memes does get annoying when they are forced to the point that they runs into the ground. I mean stuff like "lol cirno baka xD", "Alice is a tsundere or/and she have no friends", "Sakuya wears PADS"etc... It is okay for fanfics or humoristic materials but when fans that have known Touhou through the iosys flashes, or whatever but not the games themselves, and takes those memes for canon granted, I do get kind of annoyed, to stay polite.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote