View Single Post
Old 2010-10-16, 02:32   Link #52
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Okay. To start things off: I find it very strange that, like Magnus pointed, Ranka starts out much more outgoing than what's shown at the later portions of the series. Also, I still strongly dislike how Sheryl acts here (sorry, Magnus, I'm on Cathy's side on this), outside of her professionalism, as shown during her "rescue" - that's always been a high point, for me.
Oh, it's definitely not nice and snooty, as I pointed out in my write-up. But more important to me is how that depiction was the very only one in the whole series which ended up showing her in such a bad light. Especially the "Everybody will be watching me, anyway! <hairswish>" part.

Quote:
As for the Vajra being manipulated and a good-natured species... Well, I guess you can always use the "they didn't understand individualism" theory, but that doesn't really fly, with me. Still don't like the little (?) bugs.
Yup, same here. Maybe if they had been shown to have a medium stage between "Maim, kill!" and "Ooops, sorry!", I'd been more sympathetic. Say about the Protodevlin what you will, but they had their own story-arc.

Quote:
Other than that, I still can't get used to how pretty everything looks. This kind of thing really is what Blu-Ray was made for, I think. Let's see what else you guys bring up!
Oh, it's definitely beautiful. Animation quality drops after episode three, but it's still really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Saturday, GMT is fair I think.
That all depends on what I have to do on Saturdays, which varies from week to week.

Quote:
And damn Magnuskn, do you have a pad with you as you watch?
Nah, I paused and wrote down the notes in a document, then put time-marks to them afterwards, when I noticed that otherwise they appeared too haphazard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodearth View Post
One question I always had: How's the detour that Ranka took to the concert hall a shortcut? The whole thing seems to be an artificial construct to get Ranka to meet Alto.
The way was blocked due to the crowd in front of her. Youthful impetus made her assume that she'd be late and would find a faster way to get to the concert hall. Or something like that.

Quote:
Lastly, I'm afraid I might be the party pooper here. Sheryl was the first one to leave the stadium, right? Then why is that by the time Ranka is long gone, she is just getting into a limo?
Timing by the production crew to have Alto meet up with her.

Quote:
I don't think they portrayed her as such - she is that. What's great about Sheryl's character is that we see how much she grows.
Well, she started growing mightily just one episode afterwards, in that case.

Quote:
Well...he shouldn't have been doing it in the first place...
Still doesn't explain why the the guy besides Alto suddenly lost control and collided with Alto. Delayed awe about the corkscrew?