Thread: Netflix Pokemon (Pocket Monsters)
View Single Post
Old 2010-10-17, 01:31   Link #127
zette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
In my last post, I said that I'm growing old for the Pokemon anime, but due to never getting old for the games that's the only reason why I remain to sit and watch this series. But my patience has limits, and if I see that in four-years-time Ash enters the Isshu league and loses either in the eighth-finals or the quarter-finals, and Not in the semi-finals, thus reaching the top four again, then I'll kiss good-bye for good to future Pokemon anime.
Yeah, I'm still very much a fan of the games and that's pretty much the reason why I still continue to watch the Pokemon anime, though it's also partly because it's an integral part of my childhood that I refuse to let go of. Pokemon DP was, for me, absolutely brilliant and as much as a nostalgia fag as I am for the first generation of Pokemon, I daresay that the DPPt era was the best yet, both for the games and the anime. But, like you, it's been pretty maddening for me to have been waiting over a decade for Ash to win a league. I guess I can find solace in the fact that he has been improving his overall placing with each series and that he'll eventually get there if the trend continues, but still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I think that several of you, Pokemon fans, out there will agree to me that the new, co-lead girl, Iris, is beginning to get vexxing.

For starters, her voice attempts to sound a combination of both cute and energetic, but the pitch of her voice sounds disjointed to me.

Haruka (May) was cute, while Hikari (Dawn) was energetic, but for Iris the animation staff attempted to infuse those two qualities on that girl, but are failing to do so.
Indeed. I seriously just want Hikari back right now. I'm personally okay with the voice -- in fact I quite like it, as Yuuki Aoi is an excellent VA imo. What gets to me though is her personality for reasons that you stated.

I'm glad that Team Rocket is back to what they used to be (and should have been). It's refreshing to see them at least pose somewhat of a threat to Ash and co, rather than them never learning from their mistakes and getting blasted off every single episode.