View Single Post
Old 2010-10-31, 15:53   Link #248
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
@Triple_R

I wonder why every person who has been trying to argue with Ricky has repeated the same thing over and over again about the nature of the fan service, taking the first part of his post and ignoring the good point he is trying to make with regards to the scene that follows next involving Ayase and Kyousuke.
I simply disagree with his argument there. I don't think that you needed this fanservice as a prerequisite for Ayase approaching Kyousuke. I think that this all would have worked perfectly fine without the fanservice. The sibling fight over the box was a considerable disturbance for Kirino's friends in and of itself. As long as it resolved with the two siblings still angry with one another, you'd have a suitable lead in to Ayase approaching Kyousuke. Remember that a big part of why Ayase approached Kyousuke was to explain to him that she could understand the real reason why he made off with the box. Her desire to make such an explanation would be there with or with out the fanservice. One can argue then that the fanservice is entirely superfluous to the scene.

Furthermore, the source material clearly didn't need this fanservice (or not to this degree, anyway), going by what others on this thread stated.