Thread: Licensed Kuragehime (TV)
View Single Post
Old 2010-11-05, 13:03   Link #194
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm imagining that Kuranosuke's mother is or was an entertainer, judging by the photo and the full closet. That would mean she was most likely a mistress, and the difficulty of contacting her is because her relationship with the father is being hidden deeply for political reasons.

I'm not a big fan of the broader humour in this show -- the uncle and the Three Kingdoms otaku, for example -- but other scenes were great: where the older brother couldn't bring himself to ask about Tsukimi, for example.

Objecting to the nunz' lifestyle seems beside the point, to me. One of the whole points of this show is contrasting freedom (nunz and crossdressers) with restrictive conformity (Kuranosuke's family), and showing the downsides of both. The nunz' life is joyful and sad at the same time. They justified it in the show by referring to the high unemployment rate and the comparative wealth of their parents' generation. But it really needs no justification, as part of the drama. And I'm sure there are thousands of otaku, in Japan and abroad, who live that way: cheaply on an allowance plus part-time work.

I guess some of the other nunz are older, but Tsukimi said in ep1 that she was 18.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote