Thread: Licensed Kuragehime (TV)
View Single Post
Old 2010-11-11, 15:46   Link #228
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I think that lack of self-esteem is a part of her problem. She 's not acting "normal". Nor is the concept of separating oneself from "beautiful people" normal. It's like some sort of protection mechanism that the nuns have to wall themselves off to avoid reality of their situation and the fact that they couldn't be "beautiful" or prob a fear of rejection by "beautiful people". Beauty is relative but somehow that wasn't taught to those nuns. Those nuns have also managed to assemble into a group which only perpetuates the problem for new arrivals like Tsukimi thru peer pressure as only like minded people are their "friends". You basically have a group of people with something like an avoidant personality disorder in the same house. Tsukimi won't become "normal" unless you separate her from them and give her some counselling.
I can sort of see your point, but I can't really agree with the last part. Whether or not Tsukimi can see herself as a princess is ultimately something she has to find within herself. It's easy to say that her problems will be solved by separating her from the Amars, but why did she arrive there in the first place? why does she say she's an otaku/nerdy girl? The issue may be far more complex than it appears to be.

I want to think her relationship to the nuns is already an important part of herself; and she cherishes the place and the people she found, as well as the fact she is an otaku. Turning a blind eye on this part of her world will be the same as denying herself. The nuns are not perfect people, of course, but they give Tsukimi a comfortable place she may not find anywhere else, as they are alike in more than one way. I can sort of understand why she would be happy the way she is.

We don't really know for sure if the nuns will disagree with her new appearance; we perhaps don't know if they will allow her to change, but will they reject her just because of that? In the end, whether or not Tsukimi wants to seek self-improvement is entirely up to her; and I want to think she won't be leaving the Amars either way.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote