View Single Post
Old 2010-11-13, 23:21   Link #113
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
this has been said many times over, but i'll say it again. This manga is aimed at 12-15 yr old boys. If the manga doesnt satisfy your expectations then perhaps you need to find a manga that does and quit trolling us that appreciate this manga.
I know I said I didn't care anymore, but I can't ignore this, because it's just stupid. If you think the reason this manga doesn't appeal to me is because I'm outside the age demographic, then why do you all like it? I know there are plenty of you here that are around my age, maybe a little younger, maybe a little older.

Now let me tell you what I do like. I love One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist, Soul Eater, Bakuman and Dragonball, and, believe it or not, I do like the first half of Naruto. All of these are shonen titles that are outside my "age demographic" and I know plenty of other people around my age who read and like them as well. Age demographic is no reason for not liking something.

I can still rewatch old episodes of Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, Rocko's Modern Life, Ren and Stimpy, and Animaniacs and still chuckle like an idiot, because they are legitimately good and entertaining series. Heck, even Sesame Street can be amusing.

The reason I don't like Naruto now isn't because of the age demographic, but because it's a shitty manga.

Quote:
If nobodyman9 thinks naruto sucks, then maybe he should go and write something as popular as kishi.
I don't have to write a manga that's as popular as Kishi's. I don't need to be an artist or a writer to know that a manga is bad any more than I need to know how to run a country to know how good or bad a job the president is doing.

Oh, and I love the keyword you put in their: "Popular." Popularity has NEVER been an indication of quality.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote