Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-11-24, 10:17   Link #10011
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
He had nothing to do with midway. Are you thinking of the re-invasion of the Philippines? Though you are right about him being considered a war hero and that it would just make Truman look bad in the eyes of the public.
I was thinking about his work in the Pacific theater, which indirectly leads to major offensives in the SEA region. A couple of biographies I read about him gave him alot more credit than Nimitz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Indeed. It's hard to organize tourism when you're a militant paranoid state...
even more when you consider that outside of the official tour guide area's, there ISN'T anything a tourist would be remotely interested in.
Or China could just simply outsource the building of their ripoff arms to NK to help them earn money. Capitalism ho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
My favourite response to the current Korean Peninsula standoff had to be Russia's:

Source

Does anybody remember the South Ossetia War in 2008 and Russia's retaliation on Georgia for it's incursion into the protected territory? The use of force sure as hell didn't seem to be an unacceptable path then did it?

In any case you can bet China and the U.S are on high alert and ready to step in in some capacity should things escalate from here.
Welcome to politics : an act of looking good in front of others while being totally ugly when solving actual pertinent problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
And the resulting blood bath is a disservice when you actually meant to help those people.
According to Stalin, a bloodbath (war) usually solves problems : no man, no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
That makes me curious as to how much tourism there is in North Korea. I wouldn't have thought there was that much there tbh.
Here is something to sate your curiosity.

So....do you still want to tour there?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.