Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-11-25, 08:06   Link #10035
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
"Subservient" in the sense that the political-economic values of ROK becomes the sole legitimate ones.
That sounds pretty subservient to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
That's not really a problem: ROK already has a organized plan running the north as a separate administrive region, to be ruled separately until it is fit for complete reunification. Both sides knows that the German-style reunification will doom everyone.
Still seems dicey from over on my side of the pacific. It seems that those millions of North Koreans probably won't want to stay in the North waiting while the regional administration try's their hardest to bassically build the country up from nothing. They'll probably try to head South to find work. A tide of millions of starving refugee's is probably the last thing South Korea wants.

The worry I have in this scenario, is the risk of the North becoming a ghetto, with the preoccupation of the administration running the region becoming predominantly to keep the population confined to the region. This would have the potential to brew into an enormous range of social problems. Namely civil unrest.