View Single Post
Old 2010-11-27, 18:46   Link #15
relentlessflame

*Administrator

a) As I said before, I don't think this is something that should be made into a rule. Volunteers can decide for themselves the conditions for doing free work.

b) Doing things based on post count is stupid, because it just encourages people to find threads where they can start posting nonsense so they can meet some artificial threshold (who would decide what the threshold is anyway?). It will only increase forum spam, so I am firmly against it. Besides that, just because someone does meet the post threshold doesn't mean that anyone has to agree to their request either. It's 100% volunteer. Number of posts is not a valid indicator of the poster's quality or dedication to these boards.

c) Don't expect that we will add any form of "white-listing", make post counts visible in the postbit (or add options to enable such), or make any changes to the functionality or appearance of the boards. If there are baseline "point of order" sort of rules that could be added, then maybe, but I still favour voluntary agreements amongst those doing the work -- the staff are stretched thin enough as it is that we're not going to be able to police more rules effectively.