View Single Post
Old 2010-12-06, 15:47   Link #4
iPonbiki
troglodyte

I don't really have a top 10 either, but I am quite fond of several composers mentioned it the previous lists.

I loved all of Joe Hisaishi's music in all the Ghibli movies. I use to play his music all the time on the piano as well. Very lovely works...

Taku Iwasaki's wonderful music, in my opinion, really made (or at least heavily contributed to making) the Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X OVAs the epics they were. The soundtrack to "Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan - Tsuiokuhen" is by far my favorite soundtrack of all time.

S.E.N.S. wrote a lot of touching music for several Japanese dramas I've watched, and probably a few animes as well.

Yuki Kajiura is probably the only composer that I will actually search for anime that features her music. She can turn even total crap (*cough* Tsubasa Chronicle) into something truly remarkable. I think I've seen just about every anime that features her music.

Toshihiko Sahashi is another one of my favorites who I know mostly from the Gundam Seed, Full Metal Panic!, and Hunter X Hunter series

I'm only vaguely familiar with Yoko Kanno, but from what I remember her music was good in Cowboy Bebop and Wolf's Rain.

There are probably many whom I don't know by name as well...

Last edited by iPonbiki; 2010-12-06 at 16:48. Reason: Removed temporary ranking...
iPonbiki is offline   Reply With Quote