View Single Post
Old 2010-12-12, 12:57   Link #7371
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
Isumi or Sonia were my first thoughts when the robots were used (Sonia didn't use magic, and yet summoned robots anyways, as did Gilbert!), Athena hasn't summoned anything but swords, and has actually shown an aversion to using 'modern technology' and Isumi has used magic much more frequently, usually without any tie to Athena at all.
Mikado and Himegami haven't been shown to not use magic yet, and have the same attachment to the stones. We still don't know who Yozora's employer is.
The Athena we saw as of 299 had only appeared to Hayate, who seemed to be wishing to see her again.
Yozora has yet to be tied to anyone, much less to Athena, plus Yozora contacted her employer by phone, which Athena didn't have one of as of about a year ago, and Mikado has been shown to have one only a few days ago.
Actually, Athena has summoned monsters other the than the swords. The ones in the hotel, Midas' arm, and the minotaur. Since Isumi deals with ghost everyday, I supposed she does use magic more frequently. But when I said the "magic side of the story," I was referring to the serious side of the story relating to the RG.

I see no connection between Yozora and Isumi since Isumi deals with ghosts, monsters, and the likes, and Yozora obviously doesn't belong in those categories. Yozora, like Athena and Isumi, belongs to a family of magician (or could use magic) so she wasn't just any random character, and her objective wasn't money since Nagi was already disinherited. I somewhat related Yozora to Athena because Yozora is not a normal person, and she was after the group for a specific reason, which later revealed to have something to do with the broken King's Jewel. Since there was always a connection between Athena, the King's Jewel, and the Royal Garden, it's not out of the blue that Athena appears. And, we know that Athena was part of the reasons that Nagi broke the King's Jewel. (I didn't say Yozora works for Athena.)

At the end of chapter 299, Hayate was thinking about Athena when he was pondering about the relationship of the 28th and the King's Jewel, and Athena appeared on the last panel. In chapter 300, based on what Athena said, I believe that someone is trying to enter the Royal Garden, and the whole deal with Yozora may be an opening act. I doubt that Athena appeared just because Hayate wishes to see her, since she stated that she doesn't have time although she wants to tell him many things. It sounded more like she's on a mission.

Last edited by zodanhko; 2010-12-12 at 13:18.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote