View Single Post
Old 2010-12-19, 13:31   Link #19954
zorahk

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchfan View Post
It is definitely not implied they are split personalities. I don't believe that makes sense at all. If anything, they are different aspects of Yasu's personality.

Going along with my previous conjecture, here's a wild guess. What if Kanon existed, and died prior to the day of the crime? I believe this explains the "pitfall" Wright almost got himself into in the beginning of the episode. It brings up interesting possibilities in regard to the love duel. Lastly, it might explain why 1986 is such a cursed year. How about it? Am I speaking nonsense, or does anyone care to take this line of thought further?
No, I think he never exited in reality. In the world where Yasu falls off the cliff, I believe an accident occurs causing their gender to be in question, and therefore they have an internal struggle with their gender identity which creates the characters shannon and kanon. Kanon is the male personality of Yasu. Shannon is the female personality of Yasu.

If the child never falls off the cliff, we know it is Lion, whom I believe is male.
If the child falls off the cliff, it becomes female/unknown, and does not receive the name Lion.
Yasu's choice is whether to live as a female or male. Their body is not fit for love because of the accident, and that is why we get the love trial.
zorahk is offline   Reply With Quote