View Single Post
Old 2010-12-22, 21:34   Link #20225
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I think Beatrice needs to be the culprit if her objective is to make Battler understand her heart. That's because of what Battler told her 6 years before. "In order to understand the whydunit you need to understand the culprit's heart".
I think you are very far from the truth if you think Beatrice has such reasons behind her actions. Beatrice created this game for herself, she wasn't covering anyone's ass, she doesn't have any reason to cover George's ass nor she can possibly cover something that big and fatty, not even with her magic.
You act like Yasu/Shannon is the only character she ever wrote about in the story. Here's a thought maybe she took that to mean she could write multiple characters three-dimensionally? Characters in general can be given the backseat in mysteries. Yasu isn't the only character in the story you can see the heart to. But in any case it would just be hiding one person's heart behind another. Why do you think it would be hard for her to write a riddle to cover up another riddle if Yasu was there to know about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
Some people are probably going to go nuts when they see the murders for the first time.
"Ah! I knew that fat fuck George did it! I was riiiight!", etc... Yeah, I'll be doing a proper read through first, thanks.
Let's be fair. I have standards. People here have standards. I'd like him to be the culprit because I've been arguing it for a long time. I've been on a bunch of rereads so if I find that this happens and it's written badly I'm not going to claim it's right on the spot. Just like I didn't do that with Kyrie's Tea Party even though I was partial to her too. I've been analyzing the story so I want my deconstruction to be pieced together. There has to be a heart to it though. I beleive it can be written in a way that works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
Yeah, go ahead and doubt all those things. Good luck and let us know what you find.
You're being a bit arrogant don't you think?
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote