View Single Post
Old 2010-12-23, 11:06   Link #720
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
True enough on all accounts. I'd check back with Tak for more certainty of the Japanese internet response to Ranka at the time, but it seems he has moved on from this board ( which is a shame. ).

If I remember his comments from back then correctly, though, Ranka wasn't being let off easy by the Japanese fans, either. Maybe someone else who is still here was reading those boards at the time and could shed some light on this?
Yeah...I remember him talking about that, too. I'd be curious to know which sites he was visiting.

And it may be that Ranka hate has merely died down. I dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Basically for Zero, right?
He's listed for "scripting assistance" and the credit comes immediately before the "THANKS TO MACROSS ZERO STAFF" credit. So yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Macross Zero's BD was released on August 22, between the TV broadcasts of ep 20 (Aug 21) and ep 21 (Aug 28). Endou Aya seems to have borrowed the BD before they recorded this commentary, so I'd say the earliest it'd have been recorded would be sometime around the screening of ep 21? By this stage, the cast recordings for all of the episodes would definitely have been completed, so yes, I dare say they were all aware of future developments in the series.

I'd hazard a guess that they see Ranka's decisions not to be used as a tool, and to leave Frontier as part of her DECISIVE character. I don't know whether they'll ever touch on it again (the relevant episodes don't have any commentary...) but we'll see when we get there.
That's a good point...I think the problem is not that Ranka is indecisive...she's not. I think it's just that she's decisive about things that her detractors wish she weren't decisive about.