View Single Post
Old 2010-12-28, 17:02   Link #753
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
He had the same reaction to Ranka's kiss although you could call it acting, but that's where the issue lies for Alto himself (I'll get into this particular topic later though.)
Actually he had exact the copy-paste reaction as Shin had. Which makes it clear that he is acting, like the actor he is. He was genuinely shocked at Sheryl kissing him, that much is clear.

Quote:
Also, let's not take these "homages" (or whatever you want to call it) as "signs" because it's already been proven to divert from past series. Ozma's near death is a perfect example.
Dude, it was a carbon-copy re-enactment of the same exact scene in Macross Zero.

Quote:
This is the reason why I disagree with you here because in reality, Alto can't separate acting from who he is. This is why it's difficult to determine when Alto is truly feeling a certain way, he acts according to the circumstances presented to him. You could say that Alto "acts" even outside of just playing the role in the movie. I'm sure this is a topic that will be discussed in further detail down the road. This is what makes Alto such an interesting character for me
I'm sorry, but that is just the interpretation from Yasaburo you are reciting. Altos real feelings on the subject aren't made clear in the series. The movie is another continuity.