View Single Post
Old 2011-01-02, 12:02   Link #21116
Kheve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherringford View Post
A fun story, but the ride was much better than the destination. I'll still like the series, but you won't be seeing me trying to convince my friends to read it anymore.
Totally agree. If you watched code geass, that isnt a mystery, you will notice the creators took half a year to produce the last 2 episodes. The reason was towards the end, they decided they didnt want a run of the mill 'make love not war kiss n hugs' ending. However once they unleashed hell, they didnt know how to solve it hence after hell was unleashed it was half year or more before they came up with the last 2 episodes. Which isn't much of a happy ending but at least they tried. Then they did a brilliant job with s2 with a bittersweet ending. See that really shows what sherringford said about pros n novices. The pros regardless of their ability will put up a fight, and perhaps later when they finally found a better way they present a brilliant continuation. Umineko is a bloody joke. The overall backstory is brilliant i admit n the metaphorically witches virgillia ronove also makes perfect sense with the backstory. However u cant sell a nonsensical main story with only brilliant backstory. Even a poor main story with a brilliant backstory is many times better than a nonsensical mainstory.
Kheve is offline   Reply With Quote