View Single Post
Old 2011-01-03, 16:14   Link #186
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
If people are disappointed, then they probably weren't paying very much attention.
I don't think it's about paying attention, and I think that's a rather arrogant thing to say, since I'm sure many people who have been reading this novel, and have been "paying attention" as you say, are probably disappointed as well. EP7 was supposed to be the end of the mystery, but given the rather unclear resolution we had in EP7, it's no wonder some people expected something out of this epilogue to make this apparent mystery a bit more clear. I won't deny, though, there were many people who seemed to expect EP8 would suddenly be full of twists about how all the apparent clues and leads we received in EP6 and EP7 would turn out to be fully misinterpreted and we'd reach an entirely different conclusion. That was delusional. However, expecting a bit more clearness and tidiness is something I cannot blame the readers for.

Let us not even mention not everyone reads R07's interviews, nor is the duty of the reader to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchfan View Post
I love Higurashi. I don't hate Umineko. So sure, I'm willing to give this franchise another run.
Maybe, but I'd wait until it ends, read some opinions on the whole thing, and then see if I think I want to read it.