View Single Post
Old 2011-01-25, 08:43   Link #929
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcandescent View Post
What's really needed here is another translator. Not an editor, but a translator on-call, who can give us options whenever you run into really awkward lines. That would keep the project moving forward, and if an editor from core-team wants to revert the changes, they can do so later. Maybe put up a "to fix" log pointing to things that need re-translation?
Agreed... we need to be able to know what the lines mean on demand before we can make truly useful progress. I don't know where to find them though; this is the first translation project I got involved in. The only translator I've ever spoken to is GundamAce who's currently translating Never7 by himself, and he has also signed up for a few other projects. I guess it won't hurt to try asking him for occasional help.

I grew up in a Chinese elementary school (so Kanji isn't too daunting) and am learning Japanese now, but haven't reached the competency required for Clannad... really felt it when I was trying to decipher the After Story. Should've started learning earlier!

The wiki did have a log system going, but it's starting to look unmanageable. Inline asterisks and comments are easier to use... Ctrl+F (or grep) finds them quickly.

Quote:
It was throwing Ulex errors ... something about missing commands.
Uh oh... mine simply says "Fatal error: exception Ulexing.error" after loading SEEN7500.utf, with no mention of missing commands. I hope that doesn't mean that different builds have different issues.

Quote:
B-T looks to be back up again. May need to look into scripts to back up the wiki for the next time it implodes.
Tarballs.
Polarem is offline   Reply With Quote