View Single Post
Old 2011-01-25, 13:47   Link #21709
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

I'm more incensed by the notion that the non-answer is a good thing. Bern often behaved in an intensely questionable and cruel manner and absolutely needed comeuppance for that, but just because she had the wrong motive for dragging out the truth (or perhaps "a" truth, it's hard to tell with her) doesn't mean there cannot be a right one.

Is leaving the box closed romantic? Oh absolutely. What a touching and bittersweet ending for Battler and Beatrice.

Is leaving the box closed moral? It's about as evil as things come. Condemn innocent and guilty alike to the eternal torment of uncertainty. I hope that the love between a man and his witch was worth sending 16 other people to Hell. Hey wait, this sounds a lot like somebody else...

Yeah, evil won. Even if it was all an accident, evil wins. So much for love! Without it, it can't be seen. With it, it shouldn't be seen. There's your "moral," folks: love is mutually exclusive with justice, and if one person seeks to expose the truth for the wrong reasons, everyone who seeks it must be on the same side.

If she weren't still a cruel jerk, I'd be half inclined to apologize to Bern.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote