View Single Post
Old 2011-01-27, 12:45   Link #67
Equidistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
The point that some folks are making (and that I'm inclined to agree with) is that if the pirated version was not available, then a lot of the pirates would check out the stream (if it's available in their region, of course).
The interesting thing about this is the specific fansub they're targeting came out almost two weeks after Funi had their stream up. Funi's stream was of course ripped almost immediately, yet they didn't chose to go after the people downloading torrents of that. That seems a bit weird to me considering targeting people who are downloading a direct rip of their free stream and possibly scaring people off would seem to be more beneficial to them rather than targeting people who waited 2 weeks, and who have may already watched Funi's stream(given people's need for instant gratification and all), and are just downloading something later for quality. If they just targeted the torrents of the direct rips, and this big a deal were made about it I think a lot of people just wouldn't even bother risking getting sued and just watch the official stream from Funi.
Equidistant is offline   Reply With Quote