View Single Post
Old 2011-02-22, 16:40   Link #3102
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Labeling someone an extremist is a broad term. Extremist aren't just people who advocate violence. There are atheists who are extremists in their own right. None of the ones I know endorse violence, but they don't need to to be extreme with their beliefs.

I see Anh Minh thinks that an extremists is only one when violence is involved. If you don't like me calling Dawkins an extremist, can you at least see my point, without being too attached to words. A fundamentalist that is a Christian, who doesn't endorse violence but is over the top with their views and how they preach and promote them; think of someone like that. Dawkins is like an atheist version of said Christians. So maybe choosing the word extremist wasn't the best fit. But do you see my view now?
Sure. An unpleasant man is, of course, unpleasant. It doesn't even matter what beliefs he holds. But I don't think it's fair to put him in the same bag as terrorists or even their supporters. (Like clinic bombers. Don't think I'm only referring to islamic terrorists.)

One is to be tolerated, as long as he doesn't corner you and force you to listen. The other isn't. It's as simple as that.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote