View Single Post
Old 2011-02-26, 02:07   Link #1000
Xcandescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarem View Post
Ubuntu is pretty good; I find it well-maintained and easy to use. I build my SEENs on Ubuntu 10.10. Once, I tried to set up RLDev on Ubuntu 6.06 to see if it behaves better in an old environment, but found no improvements. (I tried making it handle block comments in .utf files, but turns out it can't. Other than that, it works fine)
Also: if you're running OSX, Leopard will work, but Snow Leopard won't. My assumption is that it's because XCode on Leopard makes 32-bit builds by default, whereas Snow Leopard is all 64-bit. Haven't tried it on Tiger. 32-bit BSD variants might be worth looking into as well, if you're bored.

RLdev used to be buildable on 32-bit Windows under Cygwin (since that was Haeleth's development platform), but the required version of OCaml (3.09) will not build at all under the latest Cygwin release. (To be precise, it will compile, but then immediately fail when you try to bootstrap it.) I don't know why, and I spent a week pulling my hair out troubleshooting it, before I gave up and built it on Leopard. (There is a pre-compiled Windows GUI version of OCaml 3.09 available ... but good luck figuring out how to build anything with it.)

-XCN-
Xcandescent is offline   Reply With Quote