View Single Post
Old 2011-03-03, 14:09   Link #42
Seihai
スマイリウム

So it was futile after all. Lie or not, Kyubei had no reason at all to tell Kyouko to back off even if he knew it was futile. In other words, preventing her death was by no means an option that was considered, because Kyubei gained >something< in return (waiting for subs).

However, I'd like to say that Kyouko's death was not in vain either. It was her own decision. She was forced to only a single option, at her limit, but at least going from her words and expression, she felt no regret. Dying to protect someone is what this case is, or: finding your peace with someone.

I must say that her Overlimit High-Ougi Mystic Arte (lol) was by the way quite impressive, too bad it was this short. Looked heroic at the very least. Also: it seems like your Soul Gem can change location while you're in MG form, though I assume it needs some kind of short prayer to have it detached. At least from what I got, she transferred it from between her collar bone to her hair clip? lol I need to rewatch it later.

Oh, and the most striking, personally: in this episode, again, Homura lost her pokerface for an instant as she called out to Kyouko in a worrying tone. And afterwards, when the tragic scene was left, she called out her name yet another time, "Kyouko." Not to mention her question towards Kyubei about Kyouko pretty much showed her actual concern for her in the first place.