View Single Post
Old 2011-04-07, 06:29   Link #2124
Tri-ring

Sad tale told from a handler of a rescue dog.

Quote:
災害救助犬が1日で150体の遺体を発見する震災の惨状

本来、生存者を探して救助するのが救助犬の役目。しかし、今回の東日本大震災では残念ながら別のものになっ てしまった。民間の災害救助犬・レイラとともに被災地の岩手・大船渡市に救助に行った災害救助犬の調教師・ 村田忍さん(39)はこう話す。
The mission of a rescue dog is to locate and inform the presence of a survivor trapped within the rubble but sadly this was not the case for rescue dog Layla and her handler Ms. Murata as she tells her tale what she witnessed in Ofunato district where she and her dog was dispatched to help.

レイラは生きている人を発見したら、大喜びでうれしそうに吠え、早く見つけて!とばかりにこちらへ駆け寄 ってきたりします。亡くなっている場合は、私のほうを振り向いて哀しい目つきをするんです。調教師はそんな 犬の表情やしぐさを読み取っていくんです。でもあのとき、レイラは次から次へと、ここにも、ここにも、と哀 しい目をするんです。

Layla would bark with glee when she finds a survivor running towards me demanding for the person to be rescued but when she finds remains of a deceased she just turns around with a sad expression in her eyes.
I can see it in her eyes as she turns again and again with that same expression here is one, another and another.

「レイラ! そんなにあるわけないでしょ。もうろくしちゃったの? 真面目にやりなさい!」って私は3回も叱りつけてしまったくらいなんです。

I got frustrated thinking that can't be true and scolded her telling that there can't be that many three times.

私たちが1日歩いた場所だけでもレイラは150回も反応し、私はそこに旗を立てて進んでいきました。その 旗の立っているところを、自衛隊員のかたがたが捜索していくのですが、実際、旗を立てたところすべてから遺 体が発見されたそうです。

Within one day Layla responded 150 times and I planted a flag at each location Layla responded. The JSDF personnel found a body at each location.

一刻一秒でも急げば、生存者が発見できるかもしれないと私たちは早く早くと前へ突き進んでいきました。は っと振り返ると、自衛隊員ははるか後方にいました。それを見たときに我に返り、ゾッとする思いでした。遺体 が多すぎて収容する作業がついてこられなかったのです。

We went as fast as we could scouring the terrain in the hopes of find a survivor. After a while I looked back and was shocked finding ourselves alone since the JSDF personnel couldn't keep up the pace with so many remains to be recovered.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote