View Single Post
Old 2011-04-11, 12:54   Link #563
DasDingus
Dango Daikaizoku

After two episodes I've had a very hard time reconciling two aspects of Ohana's character. When she arrives at her grandmother's residence and throughout the time we've seen her spend there she seems to have an issue with entitlement where she shows up and acts like she owns the place, pulling up plants and moving other people's stuff without asking. She seems to lack even a rudimentary ability to understand what is appropriate to say when and instead displays an almost complete lack of tact. This is the kind of behavior I would expect out of a child who had been spoiled her entire upbringing and for the fist time was being treated like something other than a goddess.

However, what we've seen of her upbringing with her mother seems to indicate the opposite is true. Ohana's mother's attitude toward her daughter can probably be described as indifferent at best and it's clear that Ohana was forced to fend for herself, and was even told that she was going to be on her own now and in the future. I find it very odd that the character we see now could have developed out of that environment. I would have expected a much more cautious person who is careful about each action she takes because there's nobody there to save her if she screws up. Am I the only one who was confused by this?