View Single Post
Old 2011-04-20, 17:57   Link #119
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Another shoujo cliche that I hate. You have been warned.

What it is?: The lead girl have tendency to pick cold-hearted guy who openly hates her than nicer ones who openly accepted her.

Worst offenders: Almost every popular shoujo titles had this. Hell, even Yumeiro Patissire(which I loved) is not safe from it.

Notable exceptions: None. I hate all those cold-hearted guys with passion.

What makes it popular: Girls always find cold-hearted, rebellious and just downright bad guys as more interesting partners while nicer ones are boring and too orthodox. In fact most shoujo anime and manga revolves on how the girl to get along with the cold-hearted guy.

Reason that I hated it: It just annoying to see how stupid the lead girl try to obtain something she will never have while she had easier(and much better) alternative right front of her. As example in Yumeiro Patissire the lead girl often ignores the nicer green-haired boy in order to get close with the cold-hearted blonde haired boy, though it can be explained that she already know that green-haired boy is already her friend and so she try to make friend with blonde-haired one.

Does the hate really worth it?: Actually no. Hating it alone wont solve the problem. Maybe the better solution is try to convince shoujo authors to abandon this concept and make a new one.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote