View Single Post
Old 2011-04-22, 00:01   Link #95
Nera Sleith
我らがツインテールに、勝る萌え無し!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Yar...Riko, despite being the only main girl with any confirmed kills (AFAIK) is the one I sympathize with the most.
Oh no. Riko haven't killed anyone at all. The "Butei Killer" is a misleading stigma branded by the government to Riko. Instead, what she's doing was more like a "Butei Kidnapper". She's recruiting members for EU just like how Jeanne kidnaps Shirayuki in volume 2. This isn't surprising since Riko is the most ambitious one and wanted to become stronger more than anyone else in EU, so she'll recruit any powerful people as much as possible.

Remember the line that Aria said in v3c2? If the government learned the involvement of someone in EU, they will be treated the same as dead. So in short, Riko had managed to recruit some people via "abduction", which in turn the government made it looked like the people she abducted dead because they involved themselves in EU (branding Riko as "Butei Killer"). This also kept the government's reputation because they didn't want the public to know of Buteis joining a criminal organization.

I also think that why the government made Kinji's brother as a scapegoat is because it is one way of countering the possibility of the traitor Butei going back to society. They kinda forced them into hiding since there will be no good life waiting for them if they go back and thus it kept the fact that they were still alive concealed.

Kana didn't come back to society after EU arc and went into hiding somewhere with Patra.
I believe Cao Cao said something similar to Kinji in v7 regarding this matter while they were trapped in the train.

Last edited by Nera Sleith; 2011-05-08 at 23:22.
Nera Sleith is offline   Reply With Quote