View Single Post
Old 2011-04-26, 01:26   Link #4
relentlessflame

*Administrator

(In this week's round of OP changes, Kirino kicks Kyousuke and he goes flying, and he literally "gives up the ghost" while Manami tries to shove it back in. Also, Kuroneko sitting at Kirino's computer.)

Spoiler for Very Rough Summary:
So basically this week was about further developing Kuroneko's character, showing her gain confidence through her interactions with Kyousuke, and perhaps falling for him even more. We also see her develop a friendship with Sena (another fellow "Otaku" of a different flavour) building a little bit on what she learned through her interactions with Kirino (about appreciating other people's strengths and the value of camaraderie in spite of differences). Kyousuke was worried that Kuroneko'd be all alone and unable to make friends, but he discovers in the end that his fears are unfounded. (I'd say that he's been pretty important to her in more ways than he realizes, and he's as clueless about her feelings as he is about Kirino's.)

Next time is the last episode, but according to the title of course, "not".

Edit: I think the main thing I missed in my first viewing but see now was the connection between the reason she's willing to ask for Sena's help, and the way she's behaving with Kyousuke. She doesn't want to lose to Kirino, whether it's in Kirino's remarkable aptitude at everything she does (and so the need to not fail at making the game), or her relationship with Kyousuke (hence why she's even calling him Nii-san now). She surely knew when Kyousuke suggested an eroge that it was sort of in memory of Kirino, but she agreed to go along with it anyway because she's okay with playing the substitute-sister for now if it means staying close to him. But I don't think it's out of pure rivalry to Kirino, but more out of a sort of envy/jealousy of what Kirino has and I think we can safely say some level of feelings for Kyousuke. And, of course, it's no surprise that she has better insight into Kirino's feelings for Kyousuke than either of them have (or will admit to having). I think I understand now the way the story is headed, as this episode fills in a lot of gaps.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-04-26 at 06:43. Reason: fix typo & add additional thought