View Single Post
Old 2011-04-30, 12:42   Link #1341
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Compare the Sheryl there to the Sheryl just after she found out that Alto hadn't died (when he asked her once again to sing). To me, it's a significant change in attitude, considering she expected right from the start that she wouldn't survive the battle.
Actually, that scene itself shows how fatigued she is. Think back to episodes 18-20 - she's collapsed several times before, and that was simply from everyday exertions. In episodes 24-25, she's been singing almost continuously since the battle started. She's both physically and mentally exhausted.

I can see that the writers were trying to create some sense of symmetry with that scene, but their situations are completely disparate to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
And I agree - I'd probably have slapped her too, if I were in the same situation. Though a follow up hug or something would have been nice.
Perhaps. But would you be able to go through the same trials Sheryl went through and yet still accept that same slap, well meaning or no, with such grace? Most of us aren't quite so perfect, so try to forgive those among us who feel a hint of outrage on her behalf.
Swampstorm is offline   Reply With Quote